Below are some of the questions we get asked most often…
If you don’t see an answer to your question… click here, to send us a message.
What are the criteria to be admitted to the USC / Columbia Technology Incubator?
- A promising technology-oriented or uniquely innovative business capable of job creation potential
- Entrepreneurial capabilities
- Growth potential
- Team building potential
- A well-developed, compelling, written business plan (business plan assistance is available)
- Incubator Advisory Council approval
Do I have to be a University of South Carolina or Midlands Technical College professor, student, or staff person to be admitted to the Incubator?
- No. The Incubator is open to any qualified company with a promising technology-oriented or uniquely compelling business capable of rapid growth
- The Incubator has companies managed by entrepreneurs, professors, graduate students, under graduate students, inventors, and consultants
How long can my Company reside in the Incubator?
- Provided the Company has made significant, ongoing progress, the Incubator Advisory Council will Graduate the Company no later than three years from date of admission
- The Advisory Council monitors the progress of each Company twice a year. Companies failing to make acceptable progress can be released from the Incubator prior to the three year term
What are the criteria to graduate from the USC / Columbia Technology Incubator?
- Proven business plan
- Marketing success
- Delighted customers
- Steady revenue stream
- Active Board of Directors
I have a company that meets the requirements of the Incubator. My company is located in Nashville, Tennessee. We have business reasons to relocate to the Midlands of South Carolina. Are we eligible to apply to the Incubator?
- The Incubator has a Landing Party program that encourages qualified domestic and foreign companies to relocate to the Midlands. Contact us for specific requirements.
How does the Incubator benefit its Companies?
- The Incubator offers a broad scope of amenities including office space, furniture, building side parking, access to interactive conference rooms, a collaboration center, a postal center, internet service, a telephone, copier, scanner, printer, and cleaning service
- Services include customized coaching, workshops, seminars, service provider referrals, introductions to industry experts, business consulting, and technical consulting