Here’s what we’ve accomplished so far…
- Our companies have consistently delivered cutting edge technology solutions.
- Our Incubator has graduated 31 companies.
- The average salary for Incubator graduate companies is $63,750.
- Our Incubator has created 754 jobs, 223 of which are minority jobs.
- Our Incubator is a high value low cost job creator.
- Our Incubator has South Carolina’s first and only certified Incubator Manager.
- Our Incubator has South Carolina’s first Entrepreneur in Residence.
- The Center for Entrepreneur and Technology Innovation is coming to the Incubator.
- Our Incubator currently has 30+ companies working together to accelerate their growth.
Awards and Recognition:
- The USC / Columbia Technology Incubator was nominated for the National Business Incubation Association’s Incubator of the Year Award in 2008 and 2009.
- The USC / Columbia Technology Incubator and the City of Columbia’s Office of Economic Development received an award for “Excellence in Economic Development” from the Municipal Association of South Carolina.
- The USC / Columbia Technology Incubator received a National Award for Excellence from the International Economic Development Council.
- The USC / Columbia Technology Incubator’s model is being used by the SC Department of Commerce as a model for other cities, counties and municipalities and business leaders that want to start an incubator program.
” The Incubator has the potential
of significantly changing the
economic profile of Columbia;
in fact it already has.”
- Jim Gambrell, Director of Economic Development, City of Columbia
”I believe the USC / Columbia Technology
Incubator is one of the most powerful and
cost effective economic development tools
in South Carolina. They provided AAC with
the infrastructure and support we needed
as a young company, allowing us to focus
on taking care of our customers and
building an outstanding team.”
- John Denise, CEO, Advanced Automation Consulting (AAC)